Wardley Biogas Limited – Biogas Plant
Wardley Biogas plant is a £17m new build Anaerobic Digestion (AD) plant situated in the North East on the outskirts of Gateshead. The plant constructed by BioConstruct GmbH, a German biogas EPC contractor is an opportunity for the recycling of food waste to create renewable green gas to be used in the regions heat and power sectors.
Utility Site Services were engaged to provide a turn key 230/400V Low Voltage 210KVA Electricity connection to be used as a back up for when the on-site CHP plant is down for servicing.
In order to provide the scope of works we supplied and installed 1150m of 11kV 3x1x185mm Aluminium cable including joints & terminations. This ran from the point of connection to a 315kVA H Pole Mounted Transformer, after which via 20m of 1x3x240mm2 of Copper Low voltage cable, the supply terminated in a free standing E4 Meter Cabinet (including base).
In order to ensue that the project had an end-to-end service we also undertook all excavations and reinstatement in the private and public domains and arranged the installation of a Low Voltage 3 phase CT meter.
Project Value – £192,090.67
- Supply & Installation of 1.15km 11kV 3x1x185mm Aluminium cable
- 2x 11kV HV joints & terminations
- Supply, installation & commissioning of 1 x 315kVA H Pole Mounted Transformer
- Supply & installation of 1 x OHL H Pole
- Excavation & reinstatement in the public and private domain
- Supply & Installation of 20m of 1x3x240mm2 of Copper Low voltage cable
- Supply & Installation of an E4 Meter Cabinet & Base
- Installation of a Low Voltage 3 Phase CT Meter